IMPHAL: On the last day of his two-day visit to Manipur, Union Minister of Science and Technology and Earth Science Dr Harsh Vardhan today laid the foundation stone of the Technology and Skill development Centre inside the complex of Institute of Sustainable Development (IBSD) at Takyelpat. The minister also had a brief interaction with the scientists and staff of the institute. Dr Harsh Vardhan expressed his disappointment at the state of affairs at the ISBD which was established in 2001 during the time of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee as of national importance. He also appealed to the scientists to re-orient research, identify issues, learn from the past experiences and find solution through application of mind to help the human kind. The minister also maintained that research should benefit the mankind. He said he has great prospect from the IBSD and expressed the hope that it would realise the dream of Vajpayee. Dr Harsh Vardhan left Imphal at 11.30 am for Delhi.
Latest from Impact TV
- Manipuri Wushu players felicitated
- Chaoba: Sadar Hills will be upgraded to full-fledged district if BJP comes to power
- Manipur to join nation-wide Satyagraha against Modi government
- Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan arrives on two-day visit in Imphal
- Ram Vilas Paswan urges CM Ibobi to ensure benefits of Food Security Act to people
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.