IMPHAL: Manipur will join the nation-wide one-day Satyagraha to be organised by 11 Trade Unions on February 26 against the Narendra Modi government. Speaking at a press meet held at the office of Electricity Department Employees’ Association- Keishampat, Convenor of Central Trade Union Committee, Manipur State Committee, L Sotinkumar said sit-ins, rallies and mass arrest will be held during the one day protest organised by 11 trade unions including frontal organisations of political parties and labour unions. Sotinkumar maintained that the main demands of the protest will be to withdraw the Pro-Capitalist policy of the NDA Government, regularisation of contract, muster roll and casual employees and pension scheme of not less than Rs 3000 per month for the employees over 60 years of age who are working in non-government sectors.
Latest from Impact TV
- Manipuri Wushu players felicitated
- Chaoba: Sadar Hills will be upgraded to full-fledged district if BJP comes to power
- Dr Harsh Vardhan expresses disappointment at the state of affairs of ISBD
- Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan arrives on two-day visit in Imphal
- Ram Vilas Paswan urges CM Ibobi to ensure benefits of Food Security Act to people
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.