IMPHAL: Reacting to the discovery of human skeletal remains in now defunct Tombisana High School complex, veteran politician Okram Joy has demanded probe by a high level independent body instead of the CBI. Speaking to media persons at his house in Kakwa, O Joy said the recovery of skeletal remains from a place security forces once occupied should not be taken lightly. He also stressed the need for Union and State government to investigate the matter seriously. Expressing disbelief at state government handing over the case to CBI, O Joy demanded probe by a high level independent body. O Joy said number of missing persons has increased dramatically since the imposition of AFSPA in 1980 in the state. He also stated that missing complaints were mostly filed after security forces made the arrest and there are also number of unreported missing cases. O Joy said considering all these, the recovery of human skeletal at the heart of Imphal city where security forces were stationed is a serious issue. He also said he understands the feeling of the people who suspected the security forces.
Latest from Impact TV
- Manipuri Wushu players felicitated
- Chaoba: Sadar Hills will be upgraded to full-fledged district if BJP comes to power
- Dr Harsh Vardhan expresses disappointment at the state of affairs of ISBD
- Manipur to join nation-wide Satyagraha against Modi government
- Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan arrives on two-day visit in Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.