IMPHAL: Congress MLA Yungkham Irabot today stressed that the state govt should implement the Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act 2014 in Manipur to protect the rights of street vendors. He said despite the directives of the Supreme Court and High Court of Manipur, to implement the Act, the state govt has so far ignored the act. Speaking at the 16th foundation day of the Roadside Vendors Welfare Association Manipur at GM Hall today assured the vendors of all possible assistance in their fight for their rights. General Secretary of National Hawkers Federation, Saktiman Ghosh, said the street vendors are being targeted everywhere. He said even though the Centre has assured the people of Achhe Din, the poor will see only worse days. He accused the govt of ignoring the rights of the street vendors. President of Road Side Vendors Welfare Association Manipur Ksh. Tama demanded implementation of the Act in Manipur, setting up of town vending committee and urged the govt to provide the benefits of National Urban Renewable Mission to all the vendors.
Latest from Impact TV
- Manipuri Wushu players felicitated
- Chaoba: Sadar Hills will be upgraded to full-fledged district if BJP comes to power
- Dr Harsh Vardhan expresses disappointment at the state of affairs of ISBD
- Manipur to join nation-wide Satyagraha against Modi government
- Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan arrives on two-day visit in Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.