IMPHAL, 17 MARCH 2016: Prohibition imposed on crossing border gate between Moreh and Namfalong following a skirmish among the Yongchak, tree bean traders yesterday has been lifted today. An understanding was reached after a meeting between the officials of Myanmar and Manipur at the Immigration Office, Myanmar located at Gate No. 2 for one hour from 8 to 9 this morning. Additional S.P, Moreh, ADC Moreh and officials of Customs department comprised the Manipur team while Myanmar team was led by SP, Tammu. Representatives of Meitei Council, Moreh and Yongchak traders also took part in the meeting. The meeting resolved that traders from Myanmar will bring tree beans up to the border and then traders from Manipur will purchase them at the border. As soon as the meeting was over, Gate No. 2 connecting Moreh and Namfalong was opened to public.
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- "SORRY STATE OF COVID VACCINATION IN MANIPUR"
- 29 CURFEW VIOLATORS MADE TO UNDERGO COVID TESTING, 4 TESTED POSITIVE
- 9-YR-OLD MANIPURI GIRL LICYPRIYA SAVES MORE THAN 100 COVID-19 PATIENTS
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.