BJP demanded the state government to produce a white paper on the fund meant for the renovation of Khuman Lampak Sports Complex within five days. Speaking at a press meet at its office at Nityaipat Chuthek, BJP Manipur Pradesh President,Th Chaoba, expressed the apprehension that the state govt has misappropriated Rs 100 crore released under 13th Finance Commission for renovation of Khuman Lampak Sports Complex. He said renovation work for the Complex was entrusted with Manipur Development Society instead of giving it to the experts. He asked the govt to publish a white paper and demanded a CBI enquiry into the work. Th Chaoba also demanded that Manipur government should make an attempt to start classes for the session 2014-15 at the SAI Centres before the construction of the Sports University begins. Opining that the pace at which the govt is working on ILP system in Manipur is rather slow Chaoba said govt should try to present a bill in the winter session of the state assembly.
BJP Manipur accuses govt of misappropriating funds for repair of Khuman Lampak Sports Complex
Latest from Joyshree Usham
- ROBERT NAOREM TO REPRESENT INDIA AT 3RD INTERNATIONAL THAI SILK FASHION WEEK
- BROWN SUGAR WORTH RS. 4.68 CR SEIZED IN INDO-MYANMAR BDR
- CHILDREN OF MANIPUR DEMAND A SAFE CHILDHOOD
- DROUGHT HITS LOITANG CHAPROU AND NGAKRA PADDY FIELDS IN SEKMAI A/C
- MEELAL SAYS NO TO RENAMING “MEETEI MAYEK” AS “MANIPURI MAYEK”
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.