Imphal, 05 September 2020 ( Evening News ) : CrPC section 144 has been imposed at Leimakhong Chingmang in Sekmai Consituency following a clash between two communities. Leimakhong Chingmang Village Development Protection Committee has appealed to the government to resolve the matter at the earliest. Members of the Committee and locals held a meeting in this regard at Kanto Sabal Community Hall today. Speaking to media, Advisor of Leimakhong Chingmang Village Development Protection Committee, Phuritsabam Jeevan Meitei said, Leimakhong Chingmang is inhabited by various communities and that scuffles occurred among youths of two communities on Sunday which got intensified with the involvement of others of each communities on October 4. He added that Sekmai police, locals and committee members held a meeting to resolve the matter at Leimakhong Chingmang Konu Lairembi Community Hall. Jeevan said, one woman attendee, Lhinlhing Chongloi who is not from Leimakhong Chingmang tried to assault a victim, hence the meeting could not come to any conclusion, rather it led to more heated arguments and eventually led to vandalisation of the Community Hall. Subsequently, massive Police personnel rushed to contain the situation. He also said that a woman called Ningleithem alias Tombi expelled people staying in her rental rooms today leading to mass scuffle. He appealed to the relevant authorities to take necessary measures at the earliest.
CrPC section 144 imposed at Leimakhong Chingmang in Sekmai Consituency following a clash between two communities
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Lal
- CENTRE APPROVES NEW MEDICAL COLLEGE IN CHURACHANDPUR: CM BIREN SINGH
- Manipur joins in observing International Human Rights Day 2020 on “Recover Better Stand up for Human Rights” theme
- MLA Karam Shyam appeales people to encourage youths in their initiatives towards good cause
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.