Imphal, 29 June 2016 ( Evening News) : Olympic Day Run 2016 was observed in the state as held across the world. Manipur Olympic Association and Youth Affairs and Sports jointly organised the Run at Khuman Lampak Main Stadium. Many International, National and state players including Olympian, Coaches and representatives of different associations attended the event. As part of the event, Olympic bronze medallist boxer and Rajya Sabha MP Mary Kom honoured players and people who took major role in developing sports in the state. It was on June 23, 1894 that Pierre de Coubertin's dream became reality and the International Olympic Committee, IOC was born. The 42nd Session of the IOC held in 1948 in St Moritz, Switzerland, decided to celebrate Olympic Day on June 23 in commemoration of the anniversary of the IOC and the Olympic Movement. Accordingly, the first Olympic Day Run in modern Olympic history was celebrated by the IOC in the same year in association with 9 national Olympic committees. The countries were Austria, Belgium, Canada, Great Britain, Greece, Portugal, Uruguay, Venezuela and Switzerland. The day was first observed in Manipur on June 23, 1984.
Olympic Day Run 2016 was observed in the state as held across the world
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- "SORRY STATE OF COVID VACCINATION IN MANIPUR"
- 29 CURFEW VIOLATORS MADE TO UNDERGO COVID TESTING, 4 TESTED POSITIVE
- 9-YR-OLD MANIPURI GIRL LICYPRIYA SAVES MORE THAN 100 COVID-19 PATIENTS
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.