Imphal, 31 March 2016 : India retained their top position at the 4th International Strength Lifting and Incline Bench press held in Bangkok from March 24 to 28. Five gold and two bronze contributed by Manipuri players helped the team retain the title. Hosts Thailand bagged the runners up in the 8 country competition. Altogether 160 competitors competed in 3 weight categories in women’s and men’s group. Pushparani Devi in 72 Kgs and Bidyarani Devi in 46 Kgs bagged 2 gold each while M Gyanchan Luwang (62 Kgs) won one Gold. Bikramjit (60 Kgs) gave India 2 Bronze. Speaking to a team of Editors Guild, Manipur at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok, leader of the Indian team, Babul Bikas Patronobis said India retained the top position for the 4th time in a row. He was also all praise for the host Thailand which successfully organized the championship.
Five gold and two bronze contributed by Manipuri players helped the team retain the title Featured
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Nongthombam Biren urges people of Wangoi Assembly constituency not to waste their votes on uncertain candidates
- 6 Student Bodies AMSU, DESAM, KSA, AIMS, MSF and SUK slam Chief Minister N Biren of flouting COVID-19 SOPs during By-Election rallies
- State Government is mulling of imposing total lockdowns to curb spread of coronavirus in wake of escalating COVID-19 cases : CM
- Serum Institute of India says 200 to 300 million of Covid-19 vaccine doses may be ready In india by December end
- NSCN (IM) General Secretary Th Muivah says no compromise on demand for Naga flag and Naga Constitution
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.