Indian Olympic Association and Sports Ministry have threatened International Amateur Boxing Association, AIBA to take legal action if AIBA gives severe punishment to the Manipuri Boxer Laishram Sarita Devi.Earlier this week, AIBA chief Ching-Kou Wu had said Laishram Sarita Devi would face heavy punishment for her action at the medal ceremony at the recently held Incheon Asian Games. Sarita Devi not only refused to accept bronze medal at the podium but also handed the medal to South Korean boxer Park Jina. The Indian Sports officials informed that they are ready with legal procedures. On the hand, Boxing India said they are trying their level best to make Sarita participate in the Rio Olympics.
Indian Olympic Association, Sports Ministry warn AIBA of legal actions
Latest from Impact TV
- Manipuri Wushu players felicitated
- Chaoba: Sadar Hills will be upgraded to full-fledged district if BJP comes to power
- Dr Harsh Vardhan expresses disappointment at the state of affairs of ISBD
- Manipur to join nation-wide Satyagraha against Modi government
- Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan arrives on two-day visit in Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.