Imphal, 09 July 2018 ( Evening News ) : Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee has asserted that the Indo-Myanmar International boundary issue at Kwatha Khunnou can only be resolved when re-survey and re-demarcation are carried out as per the agreement signed between the Governments of the two Nations on March 10, 1967. The Party appealed to make representatives of the State Government and villagers on the border area participate in the boundary demarcation and field verification to be carried out in Manipur Sector. Speaking to media persons at Congress Bhavan, BT Road today, leader of Congress Legislature Party, Okram Ibobi said, the Congress party stands firm that the territorial integrity of the State can never be compromised. He appealed to the Present State Government to resurvey the border area along with the villagers and that it will be a right step to demarcate the boundary when it is clear that not even a single inch of land is lost. He mentioned that representatives of former Congress Government including himself and Dr. Suresh Babu who was then Additional Secretary Home, held several meetings with representatives of the Ministry of External Affairs and Survey General of India on Indo-Myanmar border issue. Ibobi recalled that the boundary fencing of 10 kilometre stretch of the Indo-Myanmar was put on halt after some CSOs raised complaints on land encroachment by Myanmar.
CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 6 Student Bodies AMSU, DESAM, KSA, AIMS, MSF and SUK slam Chief Minister N Biren of flouting COVID-19 SOPs during By-Election rallies
- State Government is mulling of imposing total lockdowns to curb spread of coronavirus in wake of escalating COVID-19 cases : CM
- Serum Institute of India says 200 to 300 million of Covid-19 vaccine doses may be ready In india by December end
- NSCN (IM) General Secretary Th Muivah says no compromise on demand for Naga flag and Naga Constitution
- Congress party can overthrow BJP State Government led by CM Biren anytime : MLA K. Ranjit
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.