Imphal, 02 November 2020 ( Evening News ) : Puya Meithakhibagi Apunba Ningsing Lup observed the 288th Puya Mei Thaba Ningsing Numit at Kangla Uttra Shanglen today. Speaking on the occasion, Vice Chairman of Puya Meithakhibagi Apunba Ningsing Lup S. Sanjit narrated how the sacred manuscript of the Meitei Community was set ablaze in front of the Kangla Uttra during the reign of King Pamheiba in the heat of the fanatic wave of Hinduism introduced by Shantidas Gosai. He said various organisations came together as Apunba Ningsing Lup this year to observe the dark day in the history of Manipur held every year on the 17th day of Mera in Manipuri Lunar Calendar. He opined that Manipuri civilisation could have been far advanced if the sacred scriptures were not destroyed.
Puya Meithakhibagi Apunba Ningsing Lup commemorates 288th Puya Mei Thaba Numit at Kangla Uttra Shanglen
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- "SORRY STATE OF COVID VACCINATION IN MANIPUR"
- 29 CURFEW VIOLATORS MADE TO UNDERGO COVID TESTING, 4 TESTED POSITIVE
- 9-YR-OLD MANIPURI GIRL LICYPRIYA SAVES MORE THAN 100 COVID-19 PATIENTS
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.