Imphal, 20 September 2020 (Evening News ) : Six Student bodies—AMSU, DESAM, KSA, AIMS, MSF and SUK have condemned Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren of violating COVID-19 related SOPs during By-Poll rallies. Representatives of the Six Student bodies carried out a protest demonstration at Keishampat Leimajam Leikai Community hall today reiterating to fulfil their 12 points charter of demands. Taking part in the protest meet, SUK President N. Dhanakumar appealed to the government to stop blaming the public for failing to abide by COVID-19 related SOPs when the Chief Minister himself has flouted the SOPs during political functions in connection with the upcoming by-election, attended by thousands of people. He alleged the government of not being dedicated and sincere enough in fighting COVID-19 pandemic. Dhanakumar accused the BJP led State Government of being more interested in saving the government by getting more involved in the upcoming by-election than saving its citizens from the pandemic. The SUK President warned of intense agitations if the government failed to fulfil their 12 points charter of demands which includes setting up of a 500 bedded Hospital dedicated for COVID-19 patients, to form a concrete state policy to combat COVID-19 pandemic and to reserve either RIMS or JNIMS Hospital for the treatment of Non-Covid Patients.
6 Student Bodies AMSU, DESAM, KSA, AIMS, MSF and SUK slam Chief Minister N Biren of flouting COVID-19 SOPs during By-Election rallies
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Lal
- CENTRE APPROVES NEW MEDICAL COLLEGE IN CHURACHANDPUR: CM BIREN SINGH
- Manipur joins in observing International Human Rights Day 2020 on “Recover Better Stand up for Human Rights” theme
- MLA Karam Shyam appeales people to encourage youths in their initiatives towards good cause
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.