Imphal, 18 October 2020 ( Evening News ) : Serum Institute of India (SII), the world’s largest vaccine manufacturer by volume, Gavi and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will accelerate the manufacture and delivery of up to 200 million to 300 million doses of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines for India and low-and middle-income countries by December. Executive Director of Serum Institute of India, Dr.Suresh Jadhav said that India may get COVID-19 vaccine by March 2021 with approval from the Drug Control General of India (DCGI) and provided the regulators signal with the processes fast as multiple manufacturers are working on it. It may be mentioned that SIL CEO Adar Poonawala Serum had earlier said that SIL can produce 700 to 800 million vaccine dosages every year once things are streamlined. Pune-based pharmaceutical company, SIL signed a deal with Malinda Gates Foundation and Gavi Vaccine Alliance to make over 200 million COVID 19 vaccine doses available for poorer countries, including India, to be priced at a maximum of 3 dollars each, which is 220.33 Indian Rupees. It may be mentioned that the phase- three or the last stage of clinical trial of the Covid-19 vaccine 'COVI-SHIELD', being developed by Oxford University, and manufactured by the Serum Institute of India (SII) is currently underway.
Serum Institute of India says 200 to 300 million of Covid-19 vaccine doses may be ready In india by December end
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Lal
- CENTRE APPROVES NEW MEDICAL COLLEGE IN CHURACHANDPUR: CM BIREN SINGH
- Manipur joins in observing International Human Rights Day 2020 on “Recover Better Stand up for Human Rights” theme
- MLA Karam Shyam appeales people to encourage youths in their initiatives towards good cause
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.