Imphal, 11 September 2020 ( Evening News ) : Social Welfare Department observed 'International Day of the Girl Child 2020' at Gandhi Memorial Hall today. Commissioner of Social Welfare Department H.Gyan Prakash, Director Ng Uttam and top officials of the department attended the event. Winners of various online competition held in relation to ‘Nasha Mukt Abhiyan’ and ‘International Day of Girl Child 2020’ were also felicitated at the event. A website specially meant for ‘Person with Disabilities’ was launched and a short film titled ‘The Dawn’ ( Anouba Mangal) was also released on the occasion. Speaking at the event, H.Gyan Prakash said United Nations General Assembly adopted a Resolution to declare October 11 as the International Day of the Girl Child, to recognise girls' rights and the unique challenges girls face around the world. He added, today reminds of those gaols mentioned in Millennium Development Goal which includes to give more power to women, to enhance the financial condition of women by taking up various developmental projects for women, to decrease poverty rate and to include women in taking decisions of a society. He asserted that, as per the resolution by United Nations General Assembly, the day acknowledge and celebrate the importance and potential of girls around the world and to promote gender equality. The Commissioner appreciated Social Welfare Department for organising various competitions to spread awareness on the issue amid the COVID19 pandemic.
Manipur also observes International Day of the Girl Child, 2020
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Lal
- CENTRE APPROVES NEW MEDICAL COLLEGE IN CHURACHANDPUR: CM BIREN SINGH
- Manipur joins in observing International Human Rights Day 2020 on “Recover Better Stand up for Human Rights” theme
- MLA Karam Shyam appeales people to encourage youths in their initiatives towards good cause
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.