Imphal, 28 September 2020 ( Evening News ) : Today is the last day for hearing the election petition filed against Minister Okram Henry challenging his victory in the 2017 State general elections. Justice of the High Court of Manipur MV Murlidharan will preside over the case. The petition was filed by Okram Henry's contender in the 2017 election from Wangkhei Assembly Constituency Yungkham Irabot. In his election petition filed at the High Court, Yungkham Irabot claimed misconduct in declaring the 2017 election's result. Owing to this pending court case, it is still unconfirmed whether the Election Commission of India, ECI will approve conduction of by-election this November to fill up the vacant MLA seat of Wangkhei Assembly Constituency.
Last hearing on election petition filed against Minister Okram Henry challenging his victory in 2017 elections listed today in High Court of Manipur
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Lal
- CENTRE APPROVES NEW MEDICAL COLLEGE IN CHURACHANDPUR: CM BIREN SINGH
- Manipur joins in observing International Human Rights Day 2020 on “Recover Better Stand up for Human Rights” theme
- MLA Karam Shyam appeales people to encourage youths in their initiatives towards good cause
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.