Imphal, 20 September 2020 (Evening News ) : Revenue Minister Karam Shyam has handed over land documents to 122 households of Rongmei Kabui Community who have been residing at Langthabal Khoupum for the past 200 years. Speaking at the event held at Langthabal Community Hall today, Minister Karam Shyam assured to provide land documents if a community inhabits a certain area for years and if it deems fit. He disclosed that efforts are underway to provide land documents to residents of Langthabal Chingkha and Chingthak soon. He added that as per Manipur Hill People's Regulation Act 1947 and Manipur Court’s Act 1947, villages in Sadar Hills have been paying House taxes since 1947. Later, from 1984 onwards the villages were under Imphal West Revenue. Stressing the importance of having land documents to acquire land ownership, Minister Karam Shyam appealed to extend co-operation to ensure Digitisation of land records in the hill areas. Responding to the memorandum submitted by the villagers on the occasion, Minister Karam Shyam assured to provide clean drinking water in the village. He also aasured that roads in Khoupum will be repaired under PMGSY without further delay. Revenue Commissioner R.K Dinesh and Joint Secretary of Revenue Department- Y. Rajen attended the event.
Revenue Minister Karam Shyam hands over land documents to residents of Langthabal Khoupum
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- "SORRY STATE OF COVID VACCINATION IN MANIPUR"
- 29 CURFEW VIOLATORS MADE TO UNDERGO COVID TESTING, 4 TESTED POSITIVE
- 9-YR-OLD MANIPURI GIRL LICYPRIYA SAVES MORE THAN 100 COVID-19 PATIENTS
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.