Imphal, 11 September 2020 ( Evening News ) : Education Minister Doctor Thokchom Radheshyam has clarified that news about reopening of schools from September 21st is false news. Speaking to media at his chamber in Secretariat today, the Education Minister said the State government has not decided any specific date for reopening of schools yet. He said that releasing of a new SOP by the Union Health & Family Welfare Ministry on September 8 for students of class 9 to 12, who voluntarily seek guidance from their teachers has brought much miscommunication among the public. Minister Radheshyam asserted that educational institutions will be reopened only after guidelines are released jointly by Union Home Ministry and Union Education Ministry as well as the state government has come up with its own separate SOP. He said that discussions are going on with stakeholders concerned however, no date has been fixed yet for reopening of schools in the state. Minister Radheshyam appealed to hostel owners not to invite students to stay in their hostels on the pretext that schools will be reopened on September 21st as it is false news. He added that the new SOP released by the Union Health Ministry only offers guidelines for those students who voluntarily seek help from their respective teachers. The Education Minister said that date for reopening of schools has not been fixed because saving lives is the top priority amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Education Minister Doctor Thokchom Radheshyam says news about reopening of schools from September 21st is false news
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Nongthombam Biren urges people of Wangoi Assembly constituency not to waste their votes on uncertain candidates
- 6 Student Bodies AMSU, DESAM, KSA, AIMS, MSF and SUK slam Chief Minister N Biren of flouting COVID-19 SOPs during By-Election rallies
- State Government is mulling of imposing total lockdowns to curb spread of coronavirus in wake of escalating COVID-19 cases : CM
- Serum Institute of India says 200 to 300 million of Covid-19 vaccine doses may be ready In india by December end
- NSCN (IM) General Secretary Th Muivah says no compromise on demand for Naga flag and Naga Constitution
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.