Imphal, 25 Aug 2020 ( Evening News ) : Manipuri University Students Union (MUSU) has also extended support to the movement of Manipuri Diasporas in Assam for the enlistment of Manipuri language as an associate official language of the Assam Government. Speaking to media today, MUSU President M. Boby reminded that the Assam Government recognised Manipuris settled in Assam as their indigenous inhabitants in 1956 and the Manipuri language is even taught in schools in areas inhabited by Manipuris, but since the language has not been enlisted as an associate official language, Manipuri Diasporas in Assam cannot write various Competitive exams in Manipuri language. He said MUSU had even started poster campaign supporting the movement few days ago. Boby appealed to the state government to look into the matter and take necessary steps at the earliest.
AIMS, MUSU BACK MANIPURI LANGUAGE MOVEMENT IN ASSAM; SEEK GOVT’S ATTENTION
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- "SORRY STATE OF COVID VACCINATION IN MANIPUR"
- 29 CURFEW VIOLATORS MADE TO UNDERGO COVID TESTING, 4 TESTED POSITIVE
- 9-YR-OLD MANIPURI GIRL LICYPRIYA SAVES MORE THAN 100 COVID-19 PATIENTS
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.