Imphal, 06 July 2018 ( Evening News ) : All India Students’ Federation (AISF), Manipur State Council held a discussion meet at Manipur Press Club today in relation to the ongoing upheavals at Manipur University. Presiding the discussion meet, Retired Professor, Naorem Joykumar called on to settle the burning issue of Manipur University without further delay. He asserted, there must be a strong reason to justify the strong allegations made against Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Adya Prasad Pandey by the students, teachers and other student organisations and urged to the VC to comply to their demands. He maintained that Manipur University plays a significant role in moulding the future of the state and that perpetual chaos in the university will lead to complete decimation of the society. Expressing discontentment at the lack of response from the State and the Central Government on the matter, the retired professor reiterated that silence will not solve the prevailing issue. Academicians, students and representatives of various organisations of the state took part in the discussion meet and expressed their opinion. They asserted that the prolonged issue at the University is affecting the students' career lives and hence urged to the Government and relevant authorities to oust the VC from his post and resolve the crisis at the earliest.
AISF, Manipur State Council holds discussion meet on Manipur University crisis
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Apunba Ireipakki Maheiroi Sinpanglup, AIMS President Kh. Romen demands unconditional release of 4 arrested AIMS members within 24 hours
- AIMS Members seal Engineering Wing of Education Department against Government's failure to take actions against corrupt officials of the wing
- Churachandpur Police arrests 3 employees of Writer Safeguard Company in connection with Churachandpur SBI ATM armed robbery and murder case
- Chairman of Babina Group of Companies, Dr. Thangjam Dhabali inaugurates Manipur's first Cancer Hospital- “Babina Speciality Hospital” at Sajiwa today
- NEET 2020 held all over the country; around 16 lakhs students registered for the medical entrance exam
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.